Instagram recently released a much requested feature to its platform with the launch of ‘Live Rooms’. The latest feature allows up to four users to broadcast live simultaneously at the same time.
Why is this important? Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks in the world, with over 1 billion monthly active users. This large volume of traffic can make it increasingly difficult for brands to stand out. Live Rooms gives brands an opportunity to make their social media marketing more personal once again.
What Are Instagram Live Rooms?
Instagram Live Rooms allows you to video chat in a live broadcast with up to 3 guests. The new tool is an upgrade to Instagram’s existing ‘IG Live’ feature, which allows users to go live with one co-host.
How Instagram Live Rooms Works:
To start, you will need an Instagram account to setup a live room.
- Go live on Instagram – Open the IG Stories camera and swipe across to the IG Live mode icon.
- Create a title for your Live Room – Click on the icon labelled ‘title’ on the left-hand side of the screen and create a relevant title.
- Start your broadcast – Give your followers time to join the live broadcast.
- Add guests to your Instagram Live Room – Tap the video icon and send requests for guests to join.
Live Rooms Tips:
- When you invite another creator to join your room, their followers will also be notified about the broadcast when they join. This can help to increase your audience.
- You can add all of your guests simultaneously, or save a guest for later to add an element of surprise!
Ways To Use Live Rooms In Your Digital Marketing Strategy
Instagram Live Rooms provides brands with new ways to collaborate and be creative.
With this in mind, here are creative ways you can use Instagram Live Rooms to improve your digital marketing strategy:
1. Host Panel Chats, Webinars and Q&As
Live Rooms are perfect for hosting engaging and informative panels, webinars or Q&As to educate and engage your followers.
You can create recurring weekly chats with new guests, or host webinars on a specific topic relevant to your business and followers.
Q&As offer a great way to engage and interact with your audience. Followers have the opportunity to ask questions and direct the flow of the live broadcast.
Hosting weekly/monthly live Q&A sessions can help to grow your audience as more people search for authentic, educational and informative communication.
Hosting live panel chats, webinars and Q&As also allows businesses to gain new consumer insights by directly interacting with their audience.
- Research popular FAQs in your industry and prepare responses. Be prepared for off-topic or trending questions.
- Ask your followers to submit questions in the run up to your live broadcast. This can be used to promote your upcoming broadcast and followers are more likely to tune in to hear your response.
2. Product Demonstrations
When it comes to promoting and selling your products, visual content, particularly video, is key.
Instagram Live Rooms are a fantastic method to demonstrate how your products work. Potential customers can view your products or services in real-time action as you test them live in front of a camera.
This method is great for building trust and credibility with your audience. And with Instagram’s Live Shopping feature, viewers can easily purchase featured products during the live broadcast.
- Work with relevant influencers to co-host your product demonstration. Teaming up with the right type of influencers can help to build your brands credibility with your target audience.
- Promote new products or upcoming promotions.
- Ask viewers for questions during the live broadcast to keep them engaged.
3. Host Interactive Classes
Instagram Live Rooms can be a great alternative for hosting online interactive classes.
Online cooking classes, food and wine tastings, jewelry making and yoga sessions are just a few examples of how businesses have brought their business models online.
Interactive classes offer brands an opportunity to engage their audiences in a unique way and also make money. ‘Instagram Live Badges’ allows users to purchase a badge and “tip” creators during a live broadcast.
These badges allow you to monetize your interactive classes while building an organic connection to your audience.
- Ensure your content offers real value. You’re more likely to earn tips if your viewers feel like they’ve gained something from your content.
- Always thank your viewers when they donate by way of shout-outs during the show. As your list of donors grows, consider creating a VIP community for badge holders.
4. Live Giveaways
If you frequently run Instagram giveaways, you can take it a step further by incorporating a live element.
Giveaways are a popular way to increase your social media engagement. With Instagram Live Rooms, you can appeal to your followers competitive nature while also having a good time.
Create an Instagram Live Room quiz with 3 lucky customers and have them answer questions to win prizes.
Will you be using Instagram’s latest feature? Let us know on The Unit’s Instagram account
Some guides which may help
Stay up to date with the latest digital marketing trends and updates by visiting our marketing blog.